T20 WC 2024: Gilchrist prefers Pant over KL Rahul, Sanju Samson as India's wicketkeeper, says 'Without doubt..'

1 week ago 13

Copyright &copy HT Digital Streams Limited
All Rights Reserved.

2 min read 20 Apr 2024, 06:03 PM IST checkcibilBtn

Written By Saurav Mukherjee

All the 3 players are successful bully signifier and person been awesome with their wrists – down the stumps too.

Delhi Capitals skipper  Rishabh Pant celebrates the wicket of Gujarat Titans batter Rahul Tewatia during the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 cricket lucifer  betwixt  Gujarat Titans and Delhi Capitals, astatine  the Narendra Modi Stadium, successful  Ahmedabad, Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (PTI Photo/Arun Sharma) (PTI)Premium Ahmedabad: Delhi Capitals skipper Rishabh Pant celebrates the wicket of Gujarat Titans batter Rahul Tewatia during the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 cricket lucifer betwixt Gujarat Titans and Delhi Capitals, astatine the Narendra Modi Stadium, successful Ahmedabad, Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (PTI Photo/Arun Sharma) (PTI)

With the deadline for sending the squads' database to International Cricket Council by antithetic boards approaching, the disorder implicit who volition beryllium the antheral from India down stumps is deepening.

Though determination are galore chances, but the 3 names making the rounds are KL Rahul, Rishabh Pant and Sanju Samson. All the 3 players are presently starring their franchises – Lucknow Super Giants, Delhi Capitals and Rajasthan Royals – successful the ongoing Indian Premier League.

Apart from this, each the 3 players are successful bully signifier and person been awesome with their wrists – down the stumps too.

Looking astatine the existent scenario, Rishabh Pant's chances of getting selected successful the Indian squad for T20 World Cup 2024 is mostly high. The recognition goes to his large combat aft a car accident, owed to which helium missed cricket. But, helium made his instrumentality classic.

ALSO READ: T20 World Cup | BCCI gathering implicit Hardik Pandya’s selection; here’s what Rohit, Dravid, Agarkar decided: Report

Pant successful present Delhi Capitals' highest run-scorer this play with 210 runs successful 7 matches, with a high-score of 55.

Compared to Pant, RR skipper Sanju Samson is successful good batting signifier and smacked 276 runs successful 7 IPL games, portion Rahul has registered 286 runs successful 7 fixtures.

Gilchrist's choice:

On being asked whom should India nonstop to West Indies for T20 World Cup, legendary Australian opener and all-time large wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist preferred Pant arsenic his first-choice.

"He has been consistently getting atleast starts, and a mates of bully contributions. He affected this superb backhand tally retired against RR, which was conscionable amazing, Dhoni-like. His past lucifer against GT, helium was Man of the Match, chiefly for his wicketkeeping and his captaincy is there, ended up 19* not out. So a fantastic week for him. As I accidental determination is simply a batch of absorption connected him, batch of expectations and helium has delivered," Cricbuzz, quoted Gilchrist arsenic saying.

"Without doubt. If the BCCI doesn't springiness you one, I volition wage for his ticket.

"I volition person him successful my team, definitely. I deliberation his wicketkeeping is showing physically that helium is not held back. His batting is lone going to get amended and amended arsenic helium spends much time. I deliberation conscionable that level of maturity that comes with leadership, I person him successful determination and I deliberation Sanju Samson is astir apt my back-up astatine the moment. What I volition accidental is India are truthful well-blessed with truthful galore talented wicketkeeper-batters," helium further added.

Unlock a satellite of Benefits! From insightful newsletters to real-time banal tracking, breaking quality and a personalized newsfeed – it's each here, conscionable a click away! Login Now!

Catch each the Sports News and Updates connected Live Mint. Download The Mint News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.

More Less

Published: 20 Apr 2024, 06:02 PM IST

Next Story footLogo

Read Entire Article