T20 WC 2024: Sanjay Manjrekar bats for Rinku Singh as India's probable XI, says 'He's somebody who I like..'

1 week ago 15

Copyright &copy HT Digital Streams Limited
All Rights Reserved.

2 min read 20 Apr 2024, 03:12 PM IST checkcibilBtn

Written By Saurav Mukherjee

Till now, Rinku has played 15 T20I matches for India aft making a debut successful 2023 and scored 356 runs astatine a onslaught complaint of 176.23.

Kolkata Knight Riders' Rinku Singh watches the shot  aft  playing a changeable  during the Indian Premier League (IPL) Twenty20 cricket lucifer  betwixt  Kolkata Knight Riders and Rajasthan Royals astatine  the Eden Gardens successful  Kolkata connected  April 16, 2024. (Photo by DIBYANGSHU SARKAR / AFP/File) (AFP)Premium Kolkata Knight Riders' Rinku Singh watches the shot aft playing a changeable during the Indian Premier League (IPL) Twenty20 cricket lucifer betwixt Kolkata Knight Riders and Rajasthan Royals astatine the Eden Gardens successful Kolkata connected April 16, 2024. (Photo by DIBYANGSHU SARKAR / AFP/File) (AFP)

With expectations that the Board of Control for Cricket successful India (BCCI) whitethorn denote the squad for the upcoming T20 World Cup by April-end, ex-cricketers, and commentators person started sharing their suggestions.

According to details, the deadline to sanction the teams is connected 1 May and with the Indian Premier League (IPL) underway, selectors are keeping an oculus connected caller talents too.

Leading from the beforehand is erstwhile India batter and commentator Sanjay Manjrekar who opines Rinku Singh's enactment for the upcoming tourney indispensable not beryllium substance of contented for selectors. He hoped that Rinku would beryllium picked up by the selectors successful the 15-man probable's.

ALSO READ: T20 World Cup | BCCI gathering implicit Hardik Pandya’s selection; here’s what Rohit, Dravid, Agarkar decided: Report

"Because he's not getting galore opportunities, I anticipation selectors won't hide astir Rinku Singh. He's a consecutive walk-in into the Indian team. Every clip helium has got the opportunity, you've seen however bully helium tin be, successful the consciousness of his consistency and the scope that helium has. He's idiosyncratic who I like, isolated from the halfway of the Indian team, isolated from the large names we are reasoning about," Firstpost quoted Manjrekar arsenic saying.

Rinku Singh's record:

Looking astatine Rinku's records, helium made his debut successful a T20I for India against Ireland successful 2023. Till now, Rinku has played 15 T20I matches and scored 356 runs astatine a onslaught complaint of 176.23. He is considered to beryllium among the champion finisher for India.

ALSO READ: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma apt to unfastened for India successful T20 World Cup 2024

Sanjay Manjrekar's India's probable squad for T20 World Cup 2024:

Rohit Sharma (captain), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rinku Singh, Hardik Pandya, Shivam Dube, Rishabh Pant (wicketkeeper), Sanju Samson (wicketkeeper), Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Arshdeep Singh

Unlock a satellite of Benefits! From insightful newsletters to real-time banal tracking, breaking quality and a personalized newsfeed – it's each here, conscionable a click away! Login Now!

Catch each the Sports News and Updates connected Live Mint. Download The Mint News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.

More Less

Published: 20 Apr 2024, 03:07 PM IST

Next Story footLogo

Read Entire Article